|Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
Comments/questions parents frequently ask Parents Network:
Parents Share their thoughts regarding the Parents Network:
I did not know how to choose a school, but the Parents Network gave me resources and I now realize that choosing a school is like choosing an outfit – it all about what “best fits” my child.
- How do I choose a school for my child?
- How can I let the teacher/educator know I don’t agree or understand what they are explaining to me without becoming embarrassed?
- How can I become a partner with the teacher(s)?
- How can I stop being so angry each time I have to go to the school?
- How can I get respect if I only fuss to express myself?
- Why I am responsible for my child’s education, I am not a teacher?
I did not know Dayton Public Schools had so much to offer because I had not looked for myself or asked anyone until PN explained and the schools displayed what they had to offer at a School Expo.
Being involved with the Parents Network I realize that Private Schools may not be perfect, but the parents seem to get more involved in their children’s education.
As parents we can really make a difference in the school our children attends, PN has workshops on this.
PN has demonstrated we can’t maintain the “race card” excuse as a reason to hold any child back from getting the best education they deserve.